20 facts about me
1. I separate smarties into colour groups before eating them. Pink first; it’s my favourite colour. Yellow next. Then red, green, blue and brown. Orange last, because orange chocolate.
2. I can wiggle my ears. It’s the same muscle that you use to ‘schmeyes’, if you want to try it.
3. I can’t whistle or swim.
4. My guilty pleasures include but are not limited to: Hollyoaks. Harvey’s Bristol Cream. Prawn cocktail crisp sandwiches. Breakfast at any time of day. (It’s no coincidence that three of these are food and drink related.)
5. I hate rhubarb. Unless it’s the gin variety.
6. I scream and run away if I see a frog. No Prince for me.
7. I believe in champagne with curry, burning the nice candles, giving compliments & always having fresh flowers in the house.
8. I used to be a trampolining coach.
9. I’m obsessed with my fur-babies! I have two King Charles Cavaliers called Daisy and Poppy, collectively they’re ‘The Cavafleurs’.
10. I’ve photographed Alan Carr (hilarious), Professor Stephen Hawking (inspiring), Duncan from Blue (those eyes), Sophie Ellis Bextor (incred voice) and Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee (childhood heroes).
11. In my school days, I wanted to be a pilot. But really, I just enjoyed people’s reactions when I told them that. I was the LEAST likely child to be a pilot.
12. My perfect day is a sunny beach walk with the pups, then a latte and coffee-cake pitstop. Then some pottering around at home followed by a lazy lunch and an afternoon reading. Topped off with a Chinese takeaway and a horror film curled up under a blanket on the sofa, with the pups (and maybe some Ben & Jerry’s Baked Alaska!). Ahhh, bliss.
13. I’m prone to blonde moments. Wondering why the mouse wasn’t interrupting the screen saver I called my tech team (aka hubs) for help. His diagnosis? “Turn the screen on and try again.” So instead of a black screensaver, I have a picture of my pups now, so I can tell the difference #eyeroll #howdidigetthisfarinlife
14. I’m a crier. Especially at nature programmes, when Paul Hollywood shakes a baker’s hand – and when Arthur Abbott walks into the auditorium in ‘The Holiday’, even though I’ve seen it fifty times.
15. I’m a shoe addict. If you wonder where I am on your wedding morning … I’ll be with your shoes. (Unless there’s a dog. In which case, I’ll definitely be with the dog.)
16. My best life hack is to eat chocolate biscuits two at a time, with the chocolate sides facing inwards – to avoid chocolatey fingers. You’re welcome.
17. Lists rule my life. Not that you can tell from this page.
18. I’m a proud introvert.
19. I have a scar on my right elbow from falling off my bike onto my Mum’s rockery. And a scar on my left knee from slipping on ice in a pub car park – yes, alcohol-related.
20. Spring is my favourite time of the year. It reminds me of my childhood – holding buttercups under my chin to see if I liked butter, clouds of cow parsley that lined the fields on my walk to school, and making daisy chains with my bestie during school playtimes.