Planning a small big day?
Yay! You're in for a treat!
Because whilst it might not be the day you originally planned, small weddings have special ingredients, like...
- Your closest peeps. And chances are, everyone will know each other. Making your wedding a chance to cement and celebrate everyone’s relationships.
- A relaxed atmosphere. Less to worry about + fewer people to please = more chill.
- You. You’ve already broken ‘tradition’ by having a small wedding. Now you have an opportunity to do something totally different and stamp you on the day.
- Affection. Just how special, valued and loved are the select few people you invite going to feel?
Which all makes for great photos.
Wanna see some?
Couples who did small things with big love
Tag along with me at some real weddings
Small wedding photography
Thinking there won’t be much to photograph with so few people?
I thought that at my first small wedding too - for all of five minutes.
As long as there are people, there are photos to be taken. I’m as flat out photographing the fun and feeling of a small wedding as I am a big one. And actually, photography plays an even more significant role at small weddings.
Small wedding photos are:
- An opportunity to capture not just the wedding, but the family ‘being a family’
- A way to help the people who couldn’t be there, to feel as though they were
“Sarah, do you do anything differently at a small wedding?”
Not really. I still:
- Listen carefully to make sure you get exactly what you want
- Work in my usual calm, discreet way. (You’ll see me from time to time - because with less people around there are less places to hide - but I’m not an idiot, I know how to behave.)
- Get butterflies about doing a great job for you
- Capture anything and everything to tell the story of your day… natural 'in the moment' pictures, portraits of the two of you, some family groups and all the little details
Inkling for more insight?
Small wedding inspo
Immerse yourself in the world of small weddings
Want to know what makes a small wedding so special? Wondering which venue to choose? Curious whether the size of your wedding makes any difference to the photos? Looking for ideas to make your small wedding fun, personal and memorable?
Explore these articles to find out why small weddings are becoming the new big thing...
Psst! Every small wedding needs a small wedding album
And I have just the thing...